Skilled Architectural Fabricator
Metal / Millwork - Opportunity for cross-training in so many fields!
EeStairs is a luxury stair manufacturer that is highly respected in the construction world here in Canada and the USA. Our mission is to bring together passionate people who take pride in providing our clients with a high-quality product and service.
We are hiring full-time skilled architectural fabricators – (Not an entry level position)
Skilled Architectural Fabricator Job Summary
The focus of this job centers around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring, and critical mind, this job requires imagination and strong problem-solving skills, but with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems, and ideas and all of that in an organized and self-disciplined way. It also requires that serious consideration be given to all possibly related facts and potential problems. This job demands deep knowledge and expertise and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed information. Intellectual confidence is important in this job and to do it well requires close hands-on involvement.
- Fast-paced environment with a focus on timely, correct results
- Technical, intellectual focus with a great deal of attention devoted to getting results that are timely and accurate.
- Decisions are made based on a careful understanding of all available information; detailed technical knowledge; expertise and serious considerations for all sides of the issue/problem.
- Great time management to meet project deadlines
- Respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Spatial Awareness/ Sense (3D)
- Organized & Accurate
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Thrives on problem-solving and providing solutions
- Strong written and oral English skills
- Flexible and adaptive in a professional environment
- Ability to prioritize to meet the target deadlines
- General construction knowledge
- Able to collaborate & take direction from others
- Continually looking for improvement towards individual and team goals
- Fabrication of EeStrairs products from raw material to finished product
- Keep work area clean & organized
- Read, interpret, & fabricate from prescribed professional shop drawings
- Confidence with a variety of metal welding & grinding/sanding techniques working to a very high degree of accuracy & finish
- Collaboration with peers & other departments to maximize productivity & efficiency.
- Use of common sense & basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fraction/decimal conversion)
- Follow all company rules, policies, safety regulations, OSHA, & quality standards
- Lift raw materials & finished products manually or by using a hoist/rigging
- Provide a great level of attention to detail & focus on the given task
- 3+ years of professional experience in metal and/or millwork fabrication
- Capable & confident with all metal and/or millwork fabrication processes (e.g. welding, woodworking, cutting, assembling, and finishes)
- Ability to read, understand, & fabricate from shop plans/drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing & general shop processes
- Valid Driver’s License and no travel restrictions
- Ability to lift 45lbs and push/pull 150lbs and stand for the majority of your shift
- Must be able to effectively read and speak the English language
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Hear it from our people
Current 5yr employee:
Are you looking to learn, learn, and learn some more? In the five years I have been here, no two weeks are the same. I work on wood parts, fit & weld metal assemblies, roll steel stringers, do finish work, and install the finished parts. This is what makes my carrier very interesting & exciting – no two projects are the same…we always face new challenges and find solutions to overcome them!
All of us at EeStairs have completed White & Yellow belt Lean training, and the transformation is HUGE! If you would tour our shop - we work with the best tools, have a very clean & organized facility, and everyone is engaged in the teamwork. Even before I started, EeStairs has been provided company shirts (at no cost) to all employees (professionalism goes with the high-end work we do). Check out our website to see for yourself – like what you see, APPLY.
Here is a link to our Assessment platform for the Sr. Architectural Fabricator.